The average price of an engagement ring
May 9th 2016
I was reading a trade article the other day about the average price of an engagement ring today compared to the traditionally held guide of one months salary. The figure they mentioned was pretty much what I expected.
From my experience the majority of those buying engagement rings today are aiming for the $2500 to $5000 price range.
Many are very happy to use gemstones other than white diamonds to allow them to do this. For those that still prefer the traditional white diamond engagement ring here is an example of what is possible with me in the $3000 to $4000 price range in todays market.
- Half Carat main diamond, GIA lab graded and laser inscribed.
- F colour grade - colourless
- Si1 clarity grade - this diamond is eye clean
- Excellent (highest possible) grades for Cut, Polish and Symmetry
- 18ct Palladium white gold setting with mill grain edges
- .22 carats total diamond weight of accent diamonds in the halo and band
- Price $3570
I make all the rings myself, so if a halo is not to your taste, I can take the diamond from this ring and set it into any design you desire. Please email or call me if you would like to discuss this ring or any another design.